Sandy Beach is a popular beach is about 1,200 feet long and is great for getting away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and laying out on the golden sands. A wide and expansive beach, Sandys is nice for swimming when the waves are very small, but most often there is a pounding shorebreak that creates very dangerous conditions for novices. Do not swim when the shorebreak looks dangerous because it is, and extreme injury may result. (sunset is not visible from this location)
- Body boarding and body surfing for the experienced only!
- Sunbathing and Beach Walks.
- Kite-flying on the big grass lawn fronting the beach.
- Swimming only when the water is calm.
- 35-40 minutes from Waikiki by Car